Bible Alabama home fire, Bible survived a January house fire


Bible Alabama home fire, Bible survived a January house fire.

In what a Baldwin County man can only call a miracle, Scot Byrd says his Bible survived a January house fire that destroyed his home.

Byrd, a Veteran who lived in the home for more than 20 years, says he lost everything in the fire, but the Bible his grandfather gave him, somehow, was still in tact.

READ  Minnesota’s 6-foot-9, 400-pound freshman RT to make first begin Saturday

“The fireman actually came out [of the home] with tears in his eyes and he said you’re not going to believe this you’ve gotta come see it for yourself,” Byrd said. “This bible did not have one scorch mark on it.”

Byrd believes it was a sign from God that the hardships following his family will be resolved. One of his daughter’s, Shelby, was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia in 2014. She has since beat the disease.

READ  1000's March in London Urging New Brexit Vote

Since the January fire, several community organizations and businesses have donated clothes, school supplies and beds for Byrd and his daughters.

“We don’t give up,” Byrd said. “We’ve had an outpouring from the community, if I went to name everyone [who’s helped] by name I would be here for two hours.”

READ  Theyre all activists says pissed off faculty district chair of Nanaimo faculty squatters

Byrd and his family are living at a temporary home in Gulf Shores until their home can be rebuilt in Bon Secour. The community has taken care of the families’ material needs, Byrd says, but any financial help is appreciated, given the cost of Shelby’s medical bills and the cost of replacing their home.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here